Movement Fix Podcast
Workload Management and Injury Prevention
Guest: Tim Gabbett, PhD
Topics We Discuss:
- Acute to chronic workload ratio's role in injury prevention
- How to use an athlete's response to a training session as part of the equation
- How does the research on workload apply to different movements and tissues?
About Dr. Gabbett
- PhD of human physiology
- PhD of Applied Science of Professional Football
- Published >200 peer reviewed articles
- Presented at >200 national and international conferences
Where to Follow Tim
- Instagram: @gabbetttim
- Twitter: @timgabbett
- Website: gabbettperformance.com.au
- See Tim's upcoming seminar schedule
Other Podcast Episodes
Movement Fix Podcast Episode# 122Creating a Positive Training EnvironmentGuest: Tony GentilcoreTopics We Discuss: How to create a positive training environment for your clients How Tony is building a training business and gym to enable other trainers to thrive Growing...
Movement Fix Podcast Episode# 120Squatting AssessmentGuest: Dr. Aaron Horschig, DPTTopics We Discuss: How Aaron systematically assesses the squat Weightlitfting shoes - good or bad? Hip stability vs mobility - which do you need? Squatting asymmetries About Aaron...
Movement Fix Podcast Episode# 119GPP and CrossFit ProgrammingGuest: Chris SpeallerTopics We Discuss: Chris' programming leading up to competition How and why he would modify workouts Programming for people who want to be fit for their life Life and training after...
Movement Fix Podcast Episode# 118Training for Pain Free PerformanceGuest: John Rusin, DPTTopics We Discuss: Ratio of push to pull reps for shoulder health Ratio of horizontal vs vertical pull reps Squat variations for hip joint health How to train the neuromuscular...