Rafe Kelley (@rafekelley on IG) is one hell of a smart guy.
I had him on the podcast previously (episode 47) and had tons of people e-mail and ask if I could get him back on to continue the conversation, so here we are.
Rafe is the founder of Evolve Move Play and travels the world teaching people how to move naturally the way the human body was designed/evolved.
He has a strong background in anthropology and evolutionary biology. He connects those topics with exercise, games. and how we were evolved to move (hence the name of his site 'Evolve Move Play').
In this episode we discuss:
- The shoulder and how it evolved
- How the evolution of the shoulder relates to what exercises we should do
- Why exercises are like supplements and natural movements are like whole foods
- How to define 'the fittest' person
- Why CrossFit is so popular based on the evolution of humans and human culture
- and Much more
Some day I will pull a Joe Rogan and record podcasts for 3 hours because with guys like Rafe, it could go on forever with the knowledge and insight he has.
Subscribe to The Movement Fix Podcast
To learn more from Rafe:
- He has a great free e-book that I HIGHLY recommend
- Here is his course schedule
- Follow him on IG and Facebook
Check out these videos from his IG page: