This episode of the podcast features Scotty Butcher, PhD.
Scotty is a licensed physical therapist and also has a PhD in experimental medicine and exercise physiology.
His areas of research include:
- Strength training in rehabilitation, older adults, and general populations
- Physiology of exercise and rehabilitation in clinical populations (COPD, chronic diseases, and aging) and athletes
- Distribution of muscle oxygenation during exercise
- Exercise testing and training methodology
- Functional effects of high-intensity interval training (HIIT) and clinical anaerobic testing
- Functional muscle physiology and rehabilitation
In this episode we discuss the following:
- Oxygen deprivation masks
- HIIT programming
- Energy Systems
- Deadlift research on the back
- Squat research on the back
- and more
Subscribe to The Movement Fix Podcast
- Click here to download the entire paper discussed in the podcast
- Click here to download just the sample training program
You can follow Scotty in the following places:
Where can we find the example program?
Hey Shane, it has now been added to the show notes. Thank you!
[…] does the torso being angled sometimes both someone's back but being vertical doesn't? The Movement Fix Podcast Episode 66 with Dr. Scotty Butcher gets into much more […]