[x_audio_player mp3="https://themovementfix.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/CJ_1.2016_mixdown.mp3"] Podcast (tmf): Play in new window | Download Subscribe: iTunes | Android | RSS
Check out The Movement Fix on Instagram @themovementfix
On Episode 14 of TMF Podcast, I am joined by Chris Johnson, PT, from ZerenPT.com.
To me, Chris is one of the most knowledge people about running performance and running injuries.
Chris considers running a skill that you can train with specific drills. If you play soccer or basketball, you don't just play the game. You practice the basics, you work on your footwork, pivoting, etc. Running is the same way. You can improve your running ability by working on drills, not just by running more.
This episode of The Movement Fix Podcast is sponsored by Edge Mobility System. EMS is an online marketplace for great physical and digital products related to movement, mobility, soft tissue treatment, and more. Make sure to check them out HERE and use coupon code 'movementfix' to save 10% site wide.
Major topics in this podcast include:
- Running as a skill
- Why runners need to be working on strength training
- Why there isn't a perfect running technique
- Should you be forefoot running? Midfoot? Heel strike?
- Is there a place for heel striking in your running?
- Increasing your cadence to reduce knee stress in running
- A protocol to re-integrate running into your training after an injury
- How functional fitness athletes can improve their overall performance by including specific running drills into their routine
- Why you should do running separate (some, if not most of the time) from metabolic work that includes weight lifting
- and MUCH more
Chris has been featured in several of my video blog posts and it was an absolute pleasure to pick his brain on running topics for over an hour in this podcast.
You can find Chris at the following places:
Did you enjoy this podcast? Make sure to subscribe on iTunes
[cp_info_bar display="inline" id="cp_id_51b21"][/cp_info_bar]