Podcast (tmf): Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | RSS
Check out The Movement Fix on Instagram @themovementfix
On episode 16 of The Movement Fix Podcast, I am joined by Dr. Charlie Weingroff.
Charlie is a physical therapist, strength coach, international lecturer out of the NY/NJ area. His website is CharlieWeingroff.com.
This episode of The Movement Fix Podcast is sponsored by Edge Mobility System. EMS is an online marketplace for great physical and digital products related to movement, mobility, soft tissue treatment, and more. Make sure to check them out HERE and use coupon code 'movementfix' to save 10% site wide.
In this episode of the podcast, Charlie and I discuss the following topics:
- The joint by joint and how it applies to the shoulders and hips
- Why the shoulders and hips have a roughly 51/49 split on needing mobility/stability
- Do mobility and stability drills fall along a continuum?
- Why and how external tension is required to improve mobility
- Training against injury mechanisms vs training to become strong and powerful
- Who could benefit from the jefferson curl?
- Why people with pain should get evaluated by a clinician
- How clinicians and trainers can work together for everyone's benefit
- Can you change the structure of a bone with external tension and the right vectors of stress?
- and MUCH more
Charlie is also teaching in NYC on March 5th and 6th. Find tickets HERE.
Check out Charlie's amazing DVD, Training = Rehab 2. This 7 disc, 13+ hour DVD set is a gold mine of information.
To learn more about Charlie, visit his website CharlieWeingroff.com
You can also find Charlie on these social media outlets:
Did you enjoy this podcast? Make sure to subscribe on iTunes
[cp_info_bar display="inline" id="cp_id_51b21"][/cp_info_bar]