Podcast (tmf): Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | RSS
Check out The Movement Fix on Instagram @themovementfix
On episode 20 of The Movement Fix Podcast, I am very pleased to be joined by Mike Reinold, DPT, ATC, a world-renowned shoulder expert. In this episode, Mike and I have a very real and candid conversation about the shoulder, evaluation, thoughts on certain stretches and a ton more.
This Episode of The Movement Fix Podcast is brought to you by...us! We just recently recorded one of The Movement Fix 2-hour overhead lifting workshops and it is now for sale on our website! Check it out HERE.
The content of this podcast includes:
- How did Mike get where he is today?
- The joint by joint approach applied to the shoulder, thoracic spine, and scapulothoracic joint. Is it too simplistic?
- Stretches you should NOT be doing for your shoulder
- Why asymmetry for athletes' shoulders in certain sports may be desired
- The #1 shoulder exercise that most people would benefit from doing
- Why Mike plays catch with his patients 2-3x/day
- A shoulder evaluation outline
- and MUCH more
Follow Mike on social media:
Ways to Learn more from Mike:
- The Athlete's Shoulder on Amazon.
- This book is an amazing resource for ALL things shoulder and if you work with shoulders, you need this book.
- 8-Week Should training program
- I have personally purchased this program (at full price) and would recommend it to anyone who clinically works with shoulders. I get nothing from recommending his 8-week course, I just strongly believe people should take it.
- The #askmikereinoldshow
- Mike has a fantastic video podcast series that you can find HERE.
- His blog
- His YouTube Channel
Did you enjoy this podcast? Make sure to subscribe on iTunes and Stitcher
[cp_info_bar display="inline" id="cp_id_51b21"][/cp_info_bar]