Check out The Movement Fix on Instagram @themovementfix
On episode 23 of TMF Podcast, I am joined by Dr. Shirley Sahrmann, PT, PhD. Shirley has been a physical therapist and instructor at Washington University for over 50 years, has a PhD in neurobiology, and is the author of the renowned books Diagnosis and Treatment of Movement Impairment Syndromes and Movement System Impairment Syndromes of the Extremities, Cervical and Thoracic Spines.
Her work and books have hugely influenced the way I treat, the way I teach, and the way I think about human movement. I highly recommend you read her work to continue your movement education.
This episode of The Movement Fix Podcast is sponsored by PureWOD. PureWOD is the only supplement company I trust. They have two amazing products and neither contain any un-needed ingredients. Their protein powder literally has 3 ingredients and won't make you gassy. Use coupon code 'TMF10' to save 10% sitewide.
In this episode of the podcast, Shirley and I discuss:
- Her background in PT and neurobiology
- Movement precision
- How to test for anteversion and retroversion (updated from her book)
- How sports during growth spurts may change the femoral head size
- How has physical therapy/chiropractic changed over the last 50 years?
- Relative stiffness
- Common movement impairments from sports
- Pain science as it relates to movement impairment syndromes
- and MUCH more
Did you enjoy this podcast? Make sure to subscribe on iTunes and Stitcher
[cp_info_bar display="inline" id="cp_id_51b21"][/cp_info_bar]