Podcast (tmf): Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | RSS
Check out The Movement Fix on Instagram @themovementfix
On Episode 15 of TMF Podcast, I am joined by Zach Long, DPT, from thebarbellphysio.com.
Zach is a physical therapist out of Charlotte, NC who runs the quickly growing brand 'The Barbell Physio'.
He has written several articles for the CrossFit Journal on squatting, the shoulder, snatching, and more.
This episode of The Movement Fix Podcast is sponsored by Edge Mobility System. EMS is an online marketplace for great physical and digital products related to movement, mobility, soft tissue treatment, and more. Make sure to check them out HERE and use coupon code 'movementfix' to save 10% site wide.
Major topics in this podcast include:
- What is The Barbell Physio?
- Why you need to assess movement before you start guessing and stretching
- Zach's 3 favorite motor control exercises
- How to best utilize your time during your warm up
- Why you should spend 5 minutes maximum rolling out before a workout
- Hip pinching in the squat and its relation to hip rotation
- and MUCH more
Side note: Zach just released his 'Bulletproof Mobility' program! Check it out here and use coupon code 'themovementfix' to receive 10% off
Links discussed during the podcast
- CrossFit Journal article on the handstand
- CrossFit Journal article on the snatch
- CrossFit Journal article on the squat
- CrossFit Journal article on the optimal shoulder
Zach's instagram videos we mentioned:
You can find Zach at the following places:
Did you enjoy this podcast? Make sure to subscribe on iTunes
[cp_info_bar display="inline" id="cp_id_51b21"][/cp_info_bar]